Watermelons are very low in calories and fat yet very rich source of numerous health-promoting phyto-nutrients and antioxidant flavanoids that are essential for optimum health. For instance, watermelon is an excellent source of vitamin A, B6, lycopene and vitamin C.
Lypocene improves cardiac functions. Beta carotene is known for its remarkable antioxidant and anti-aging properties.
Arginine, found in watermelon, is beneficial in curing erectile dysfunction, and the stimulating nature of the chemical can boost libido.
Possible benefits of eating watermelon include:
- Helps to prevent cardiovascular disease
- May help to relieve muscle soreness
- Helps to reduce arterial stiffness
- Aids in maintaining healthy mucus membranes
- Helps to prevent cancer
- Beneficial in curing erectile dysfunction
- Helps to maintain healthy skin
- Aids in weight loss management
- Effects wave reflection amplitude in postmenopausal women.
Note: Watermelon is relatively high in sugar.
More tips from FoodFinger App (Nutritional therapist in your phone)