Oatmeal contains soluble fiber, which stays in the stomach longer and aids in feeling fuller for a longer period of time. This effect can prevent overeating later in the day, which may help in maintaining a healthy weight and avoiding the health problems associated with being overweight. Eating just a half cup of oatmeal a day is enough to reap the many health benefits of the fiber it contains. Oatmeal is one of the incredible sources of health-benefiting nutrients, minerals, antioxidants and vitamins.
- Lowers cholesterol levels
- Reduces risk of cardiovascular disease
- Prevents heart failure
- Boosts hearth health
- Stabilizes blood sugar
- Helps reduce the risk of diabetes
- Lowers type-2 diabetes risk
- Supports skin health
- Protects against breast cancer
- Helps reduce the risk of colorectal cancer
- Relieves stress and depression
- Helps reduce anxiety and neurosis
FoodFinger App (Nutritional therapist in your phone)
Get the app and get more health tips!