Nectarines are low in calories and contain no saturated fats. They are packed with numerous health-promoting antioxidants, plant nutrients, minerals and vitamins. Health benefits of nectarines include better cellular functioning and improved cardiovascular and digestive health. The antioxidant defense mechanism of nectarines may prove effective in combating major conditions such as obesity-related complications and macular degeneration and may help in the prevention of cancer. Consumption of multi-nutrient rich nectarines helps in strengthening the immune system, promotes youthful skin and is an excellent snack option during pregnancy and otherwise.
The nutritional profile of nectarines:
- Promotes antioxidant defense mechanism
- Provides relief from problems related to obesity
- Reduces the risk of diseases like age-related macular degeneration
- Helps in reducing the risk of developing a nuclear cataract
- Helps prevent hypokalemia
- Promotes cardiac health
- Helps prevent cancer, such as colon cancer and lung cancer
- Increases immune response
- Promotes healthy skin
- Aids in digestion
- Is good for pregnancy nutrition
- Promotes cellular health
Expectant mothers can benefit from the treasure trove of vitamins and minerals present in nectarines, especially folate, which helps in reducing the risk of neural tube defects like spina bifida and also contributes to the overall health of the mother and the baby. The abundance of potassium assists in preventing muscle cramps and helps maintain energy levels.
FoodFinger App (Nutritional therapist in your phone)
Get the app and get more health tips!