Oranges are high in nutrients while remaining low in calories and fat. They contain fiber, folate, vitamin C, thiamine, and potassium. Citrus flavanones are a group of phytonutrients found only in citrus fruits such as oranges and have anti-inflammatory properties.
Possible health benefits of oranges include:
- Increased protection from bacterial and viral infections
- Increased immune function
- Reduced cancer risk
- Reduced risk of colon cancer
- Protection against heart disease
- Slows aging
- DNA repair and protection
- Alleviation of cardiovascular disease
- Alleviation of hypertension (high blood pressure)
- Alzheimer's disease protection
- Osteoporosis protection
- Lowers blood pressure
Note: People with gastro-esophageal reflux disease (GERD) may experience an increase in symptoms such as heartburn and regurgitation when consuming acidic foods such as citrus fruit.
More tips from FoodFinger App